Injured Beckham to take pain killers before MLS final
New York: L A Galaxy`s David Beckham is to have pain-killing injections for a bruised ankle bone before Sunday`s MLS Cup final but said he would be fit for the game against Real Salt Lake.
England midfielder Beckham told a news conference after training on Friday he had not been able to train all week due to the right ankle injury he picked up in last week`s playoff win over Houston.
"Today (Friday) was the first day I trained. Unfortunately it has been frustrating ... because with bone bruising you have to be pretty careful not to get any kicks on it.”
"So it has been frustrating but I`m sure it will be fine for Sunday. Definitely be fine for Sunday.”
"It`s one of those things that you just have to get through. After five, 10 minutes of the game, I`m sure I`ll forget about it."
The former Manchester United and Real Madrid player said he would take injections to help him battle the pain.
"Yeah, definitely. But it`s part of sports.”
"You know that if you want to be involved in certain games then you have to make certain sacrifices. That`s the way it is, but it`ll be fine."
Beckham`s team mate Landon Donovan said the midfielder had been playing through pain or illness for several weeks.
"This guy has been hurt or sick for probably the last six or seven games. He gets on with it and he plays. That`s helped our team a lot," Donovan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!