Injured Diarra doubtful for Liverpool clash
Moscow: Anzhi midfielder Lassana Diarra picked up a knee injury in Saturday`s game against Spartak Moscow and is heading to Paris to undergo MRI scans, a club spokesman said Monday.
Diarra was substituted on 30 minutes by Fyodor Smolov in a game that Guus Hiddink`s side edged 2-1.
Some reports have indicated that Diarra could face up to two months on the sidelines as he suffered a rupture of the lateral collateral ligament of the knee.
But Murad Latipov said Diarra will undergo diagnostic tests in France to assess the extent of the damage first.
"Diarra has gone to Paris with the team doctor, where he will undergo MRI scans on Monday," Latipov said.
Whatever the diagnosis, it appears Diarra will be unavailable for Anzhi`s Europa League match at Liverpool on Thursday.
Anzhi is top of Group A in the Europa League on goal difference from second-placed Udinese. Liveropol are third.
The Dagestan side are also top of the Russian Premier League, two points ahead of second-placed CSKA Moscow, the only team to have beaten Anzhi this season so far.
Diarra has played seven games for Anzhi since joining from Real Madrid last month, playing key roles in six wins and one draw.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing