Injured Paulinho out of Brazil friendlies
Rio de Janeiro, March 18 (IANS): Corinthians midfielder Paulinho has been ruled out of Brazil`s friendlies against Italy and Russia with a thigh injury.
The 24-year-old suffered the injury during Corinthians` 3-0 victory over Uniao Barbarense in Brazil`s Campeonato Paulista.
"A scan showed a strain in the left quadriceps, and he will be out of action for seven to 10 days," Corinthians doctor Julio Stancati said on Sunday.
Brazil will meet Italy in Geneva March 21 before facing Russia in London four days later.
Striker Diego Costa, who scored both goals in Atletico Madrid`s 2-0 away victory over Osasuna Sunday, is also in doubt for the friendlies with an ankle injury.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'