Injured Paulinho out of Brazil friendlies
Rio de Janeiro, March 18 (IANS): Corinthians midfielder Paulinho has been ruled out of Brazil`s friendlies against Italy and Russia with a thigh injury.
The 24-year-old suffered the injury during Corinthians` 3-0 victory over Uniao Barbarense in Brazil`s Campeonato Paulista.
"A scan showed a strain in the left quadriceps, and he will be out of action for seven to 10 days," Corinthians doctor Julio Stancati said on Sunday.
Brazil will meet Italy in Geneva March 21 before facing Russia in London four days later.
Striker Diego Costa, who scored both goals in Atletico Madrid`s 2-0 away victory over Osasuna Sunday, is also in doubt for the friendlies with an ankle injury.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: Mulayam sacks Ram Gopal Yadav from party for six years; Shivpal says he is corrupt, involved with BJP
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Chasing 286-run target, India lose Rahane and Rohit early