Injured Paulinho out of Brazil friendlies
Rio de Janeiro, March 18 (IANS): Corinthians midfielder Paulinho has been ruled out of Brazil`s friendlies against Italy and Russia with a thigh injury.
The 24-year-old suffered the injury during Corinthians` 3-0 victory over Uniao Barbarense in Brazil`s Campeonato Paulista.
"A scan showed a strain in the left quadriceps, and he will be out of action for seven to 10 days," Corinthians doctor Julio Stancati said on Sunday.
Brazil will meet Italy in Geneva March 21 before facing Russia in London four days later.
Striker Diego Costa, who scored both goals in Atletico Madrid`s 2-0 away victory over Osasuna Sunday, is also in doubt for the friendlies with an ankle injury.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- New laser created from jellyfish proteins
- Rohit Shetty's 'Ram Lakhan' remake not happening anymore? Here's what we know so far!
- Gionee S6s smartphone for selfie lovers to be launched in India today
- Rio Olympics 2016: Sakshi Malik, PV Sindhu shine for India; USA top tally with 121 medals
- US Republican voters not happy with Donald Trump as presidential nominee: Poll