Injured Paulinho out of Brazil friendlies
Rio de Janeiro, March 18 (IANS): Corinthians midfielder Paulinho has been ruled out of Brazil`s friendlies against Italy and Russia with a thigh injury.
The 24-year-old suffered the injury during Corinthians` 3-0 victory over Uniao Barbarense in Brazil`s Campeonato Paulista.
"A scan showed a strain in the left quadriceps, and he will be out of action for seven to 10 days," Corinthians doctor Julio Stancati said on Sunday.
Brazil will meet Italy in Geneva March 21 before facing Russia in London four days later.
Striker Diego Costa, who scored both goals in Atletico Madrid`s 2-0 away victory over Osasuna Sunday, is also in doubt for the friendlies with an ankle injury.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- Five killed as house collapses in Andhra Pradesh
- Here’s why Lord Shiva is also known as Neelkantha
- Ravichandran Ashwin replaces Yashir Shah at the top of ICC bowler rankings
- Hubble peers into the core of a starburst galaxy – See pic!
- JuD medical team wants to visit Kashmir to treat injured, applies for Indian visa