Injured Paulinho out of Brazil friendlies
Rio de Janeiro, March 18 (IANS): Corinthians midfielder Paulinho has been ruled out of Brazil`s friendlies against Italy and Russia with a thigh injury.
The 24-year-old suffered the injury during Corinthians` 3-0 victory over Uniao Barbarense in Brazil`s Campeonato Paulista.
"A scan showed a strain in the left quadriceps, and he will be out of action for seven to 10 days," Corinthians doctor Julio Stancati said on Sunday.
Brazil will meet Italy in Geneva March 21 before facing Russia in London four days later.
Striker Diego Costa, who scored both goals in Atletico Madrid`s 2-0 away victory over Osasuna Sunday, is also in doubt for the friendlies with an ankle injury.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Mahresult.nic.in 12th HSC Results 2016 Maharashtra Board: Hscresult.mkcl.org MSBSHSE HSC Class 12th XII (+2) Results 2016 to be declared today on May 25 at 1 PM
- Biharboard.ac.in & biharboard.bih.nic.in BSEB 12th Inter Arts Results 2016: Bihar Board Class 12 XII Intermediate Arts Results 2016 to be announced today on 25th May, 2016 at 3 PM
- Mbose.in HSSLC 12th Results 2016: Meghalaya Board (megresults.nic.in) class 12th HSSLC Arts exam results 2016, MBOSE to be declared today on May 25 at 10 AM
- Uttarakhand board Class 10th results 2016 to be declared today on May 25, 2016 at 11 AM
- Goa GBSHSE SSC Class 10th Results 2016 to be declared today May 25, 2016 at 3 PM