Injured Puyol pulls out of Spain squad, Monreal called up
Madrid: Spain defender Carles Puyol has pulled out of the squad to play Liechtenstein and Argentina due to a calf injury, the federation said on its website (www.rfef.es) on Tuesday.
The Barcelona defender failed to complete the side`s first training session in Las Rozas near Madrid and tests showed he had damaged a calf muscle.
Osasuna defender Nacho Monreal has been called up as a replacement.
The world champions start the defence of their European title with a Euro 2012 qualifier against Liechtenstein in Vaduz on Friday. They travel to play Argentina in a friendly four days later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- West Bengal Assembly Elections: Polling begins in crucial fifth phase, 680 central forces companies deployed
- Severe heat wave condition in West Bengal
- Kerela HSE (Class 12) Result 2016 is likely to be declared by second week of May
- No instances of incursions by Chinese troops into Indian territory: Manohar Parrikar
- Haryana government strips former CM Bhupinder Singh Hooda off cabinet rank