Injured Puyol pulls out of Spain squad, Monreal called up
Madrid: Spain defender Carles Puyol has pulled out of the squad to play Liechtenstein and Argentina due to a calf injury, the federation said on its website (www.rfef.es) on Tuesday.
The Barcelona defender failed to complete the side`s first training session in Las Rozas near Madrid and tests showed he had damaged a calf muscle.
Osasuna defender Nacho Monreal has been called up as a replacement.
The world champions start the defence of their European title with a Euro 2012 qualifier against Liechtenstein in Vaduz on Friday. They travel to play Argentina in a friendly four days later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country