Injured Robben ruled out for six weeks
Berlin: Dutchman Arjen Robben had been ruled out of action for roughly six weeks owing to a cut in his right knee, the Bavarians announced. The German giants beat Augsburg 2-0 at the DFB Cup, where Robben got a deep flesh wound in his right knee.
Robben suffered the cut following a tackle with Augsburg`s custodian Marwin Hitz inside the box, says a club press release Thursday, reports Xinhua.
"Arjen Robben has sustained a deep laceration extending into the knee joint. The impact of one of the opposing player`s studs on the thigh bone in the right leg has caused extensive haemorrhaging," club doctor Hans-Wilhelm Mueller-Wohlfahrt told the club`s official homepage.
Wohlfahrt estimated an injury lay off of approximately six weeks for Robben to extend Bayern`s long injury list.
"Obviously I`m bitterly disappointed. I`ve been in such a good form and really looking forward to every game with our team, but now this has happened," Robben stated.
Bayern`s director of sport Matthias Sammer added: "Arjen was basically in the form of his life and has recently had a decisive role in so many of our games. Losing him now is a bitter blow."
The winger will miss the Bundesliga matches against Bremen and Hamburg. In addition, he will have to stand on the sidelines when his team encounters Manchester City in the UEFA Champions League.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Kamal Haasan urges agitators to stay calm, says `none can take away your rights`
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS