Injured Robin Singh ruled out of East Bengal`s Fed Cup opener
Kolkata: East Bengal forward Robin Singh has been ruled out of their Federation Cup opener against Mohammedan Sporting after twisting his ankle during practice on Thursday.
"He twisted his ankle while running backwards. But the MRI did not reveal anything serious. There is no muscle tear or fracture," an East Bengal team official said.
"We expect him to be fit by our second match (on September 19 against Pune FC)," he said.
The seven-time winners who will be chasing a third straight title, will begin their campaign against Mohammedan Sporting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!