Injured Robin Singh ruled out of East Bengal`s Fed Cup opener
Kolkata: East Bengal forward Robin Singh has been ruled out of their Federation Cup opener against Mohammedan Sporting after twisting his ankle during practice on Thursday.
"He twisted his ankle while running backwards. But the MRI did not reveal anything serious. There is no muscle tear or fracture," an East Bengal team official said.
"We expect him to be fit by our second match (on September 19 against Pune FC)," he said.
The seven-time winners who will be chasing a third straight title, will begin their campaign against Mohammedan Sporting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog