Injured Robin Singh ruled out of East Bengal`s Fed Cup opener
Kolkata: East Bengal forward Robin Singh has been ruled out of their Federation Cup opener against Mohammedan Sporting after twisting his ankle during practice on Thursday.
"He twisted his ankle while running backwards. But the MRI did not reveal anything serious. There is no muscle tear or fracture," an East Bengal team official said.
"We expect him to be fit by our second match (on September 19 against Pune FC)," he said.
The seven-time winners who will be chasing a third straight title, will begin their campaign against Mohammedan Sporting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?