Injured Ronaldo a doubt for King`s Cup final
Madrid: Cristiano Ronaldo has sustained a muscle injury in his left thigh, Real Madrid announced Thursday, making the Portuguese striker a doubt for next week`s King`s Cup final against Barcelona.
"Tests which Cristiano Ronaldo underwent have shown up a muscular injury to his left biceps femoris," Real said, adding that his return to action was dependent on his reaction to rehabilitation.
According to the As newspaper website, Ronaldo could be out for two weeks, which would mean him missing the King`s Cup final in Valencia on Wednesday as well as the Champions League semifinal, first leg match on April 22-23.
Ronaldo, scorer of 28 league goals this season, didn`t play in Real`s 4-0 La Liga victory over Real Sociedad on Saturday or Tuesday`s 2-0 defeat by Borussia Dortmund in the Champions League quarter-final, second leg, officially because of a left knee injury.
Real, third in La Liga behind city rivals Atletico Madrid and Barcelona, host Almeria on Saturday in league action.
Coach Carlo Ancelotti was handed welcome news, however, after Brazilian left-back Marcelo resumed training on Thursday.
His return comes 10 days after a hamstring injury that ruled him out of the Borussia Dortmund matches.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery