Injured Ronaldo a doubt for King`s Cup final
Madrid: Cristiano Ronaldo has sustained a muscle injury in his left thigh, Real Madrid announced Thursday, making the Portuguese striker a doubt for next week`s King`s Cup final against Barcelona.
"Tests which Cristiano Ronaldo underwent have shown up a muscular injury to his left biceps femoris," Real said, adding that his return to action was dependent on his reaction to rehabilitation.
According to the As newspaper website, Ronaldo could be out for two weeks, which would mean him missing the King`s Cup final in Valencia on Wednesday as well as the Champions League semifinal, first leg match on April 22-23.
Ronaldo, scorer of 28 league goals this season, didn`t play in Real`s 4-0 La Liga victory over Real Sociedad on Saturday or Tuesday`s 2-0 defeat by Borussia Dortmund in the Champions League quarter-final, second leg, officially because of a left knee injury.
Real, third in La Liga behind city rivals Atletico Madrid and Barcelona, host Almeria on Saturday in league action.
Coach Carlo Ancelotti was handed welcome news, however, after Brazilian left-back Marcelo resumed training on Thursday.
His return comes 10 days after a hamstring injury that ruled him out of the Borussia Dortmund matches.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi- Part II
- ED summons former Air Chief Marshal S.P. Tyagi
- DNA: When will Muslim women get freedom from triple divorce?
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Sharad Pawar endorses Nitish Kumar as face of united oppn, Congress stays mum
- Indian Mathematician mimics viruses to design smallest self-assembling structures
- TN polls: DMK promises metro rail service for Coimbatore
- Netaji files declassification: Morarji had declined to accept inquiry commissions report
- OMG! 25,000 women died due to dowry in last two years, says govt