Injured Ronaldo a doubt for King`s Cup final
Madrid: Cristiano Ronaldo has sustained a muscle injury in his left thigh, Real Madrid announced Thursday, making the Portuguese striker a doubt for next week`s King`s Cup final against Barcelona.
"Tests which Cristiano Ronaldo underwent have shown up a muscular injury to his left biceps femoris," Real said, adding that his return to action was dependent on his reaction to rehabilitation.
According to the As newspaper website, Ronaldo could be out for two weeks, which would mean him missing the King`s Cup final in Valencia on Wednesday as well as the Champions League semifinal, first leg match on April 22-23.
Ronaldo, scorer of 28 league goals this season, didn`t play in Real`s 4-0 La Liga victory over Real Sociedad on Saturday or Tuesday`s 2-0 defeat by Borussia Dortmund in the Champions League quarter-final, second leg, officially because of a left knee injury.
Real, third in La Liga behind city rivals Atletico Madrid and Barcelona, host Almeria on Saturday in league action.
Coach Carlo Ancelotti was handed welcome news, however, after Brazilian left-back Marcelo resumed training on Thursday.
His return comes 10 days after a hamstring injury that ruled him out of the Borussia Dortmund matches.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says