Injured Stoke striker Sidibe faces season on sidelines
London: Stoke City forward Mamady Sidibe could be sidelined for the rest of the season after appearing to snap his Achilles tendon, manager Tony Pulis said on Saturday.
The Mali international, out for a long spell last season due to a knee injury, was stretchered off when he collapsed a few minutes after being introduced as a second-half substitute in Saturday’s 2-1 home Premier League defeat by Tottenham Hotspur.
“It’s a cruel blow for Mama because it appears he has snapped his Achilles,” Pulis told the club’s website.
“The medical staff have told me it doesn’t look good for him although we will have to wait for confirmation from a scan he will have on the injury. If that is the damage, though, he will be lucky to play again this season, and that’s a big setback for us.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble