Injured Stoke striker Sidibe faces season on sidelines
London: Stoke City forward Mamady Sidibe could be sidelined for the rest of the season after appearing to snap his Achilles tendon, manager Tony Pulis said on Saturday.
The Mali international, out for a long spell last season due to a knee injury, was stretchered off when he collapsed a few minutes after being introduced as a second-half substitute in Saturday’s 2-1 home Premier League defeat by Tottenham Hotspur.
“It’s a cruel blow for Mama because it appears he has snapped his Achilles,” Pulis told the club’s website.
“The medical staff have told me it doesn’t look good for him although we will have to wait for confirmation from a scan he will have on the injury. If that is the damage, though, he will be lucky to play again this season, and that’s a big setback for us.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Pakistan vs England, 2nd T20: Live Streaming
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan