Injuries are wearing Barcelona down: Fabregas
Barcelona: Cesc Fabregas has admitted Barcelona`s injury problems are hurting the Blaugrana as several key figures have been hit by setbacks this season.
Important players such as Carles Puyol and Xavi have both missed a number of games this term due to injury, while Lionel Messi is currently out of action due to a muscular problem, too.
"We’ve had more injuries than normal this year and it’s wearing us down. Our form is good coming into the final stretch of the season, though," Fabregas was quoted as saying on the official Barcelona website.
The former Arsenal midfielder then went on to reflect on his side`s 3-0 La Liga win over Zaragoza at the weekend and stated that things were not easy for Barca.
He added: "La Romareda is always a difficult stadium, and the conditions we played in weren’t very helpful."
Thiago, meanwhile, who scored and assisted two goals in the Zaragoza win, has stressed Barcelona are desperate to quickly wrap up the league title in the wake of Sunday`s victory.
He said: "We want to win La Liga as soon as possible, but the race isn’t over yet. There are a lot of points still in play and we can’t assume that this is a done deal."
Barcelona currently hold a 13-point lead over second-placed Real Madrid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Congress stalwart Sheila Dikhsit refuses to become CM face for 2017 UP elections
- Modi govt shortlists 4 candidates to succeed Raghuram Rajan as RBI Governor
- Uttar Pradesh Congress cancels iftar programme, no official reason attributed behind cancellation
- China cuts yuan fix in biggest downward move since devaluation
- Amit Shah to address party workers in Barabanki