Injury scare for Robin van Perise
Manchester United striker Robin van Persie was substituted at half-time during Netherlands` World Cup qualifier against Hungary with a suspected thigh injury, but boss Louis van Gaal has insisted it was for "precautionary measures".
Van Persie took two knees to the thigh in a challenge with Hungary defender Roland Juhasz and was replaced by Klaas-Jan Huntelaar during the interval. The extent of the Dutchman`s injury has not yet been confirmed.
Van Gaal said: "We took off Robin for precautionary measures. It doesn`t seem to be too serious, but you never know. We didn`t want to take any risks."
The 29-year-old has netted four goals in three games for Manchester United following his transfer from Arsenal last month. Van Persie also scored in Netherlands` 2-0 World Cup qualifying victory against Turkey on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown