Injury time drama as Barca defeat Sevilla
Madrid: FC Barcelona had to fight off a late surge from Sevilla to beat them 3-2 in an Spanish La Liga match at the Camp Nou Stadium.
Barcelona Saturday looked to have been on track for a comfortable win before seeing their rivals pull level in the last minute of normal time.
Dani Alves and Lionel Messi had put Barca 2-0 up by the 75th minute but some poor defending allowed Igor Rakitic to get Sevilla back into the game with 10 minutes remaining. Full back Coke then stunned the Camp Nou when he steered home a corner in the last minute of the game to make it 2-2.
Sevilla could have won in injury time as Marko Marin was inches away from a through ball, but with time running out Messi`s determination set up Alexis Sanchez who fired home from close range to give Barca three points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok