Injury time drama as Barca defeat Sevilla
Madrid: FC Barcelona had to fight off a late surge from Sevilla to beat them 3-2 in an Spanish La Liga match at the Camp Nou Stadium.
Barcelona Saturday looked to have been on track for a comfortable win before seeing their rivals pull level in the last minute of normal time.
Dani Alves and Lionel Messi had put Barca 2-0 up by the 75th minute but some poor defending allowed Igor Rakitic to get Sevilla back into the game with 10 minutes remaining. Full back Coke then stunned the Camp Nou when he steered home a corner in the last minute of the game to make it 2-2.
Sevilla could have won in injury time as Marko Marin was inches away from a through ball, but with time running out Messi`s determination set up Alexis Sanchez who fired home from close range to give Barca three points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LeEco to launch Made in India phone in its event today?
- Ahead of PM Modi's US visit, USCIRF report says 'intolerance has risen in India'
- Gold price eyes $1,300 again as weaker dollar, fund inflows support
- Kerala law student raped, murdered at home: Read chilling details of post-mortem report here
- On Umar Akmal, Ahmed Shehzad's sacking: Shahid Afridi welcomes PCB's move to give chance to youngsters