Inter chief stunned by Milito`s Ballon d`Or omission
Inter Milan president Massimo Moratti is stunned that striker Diego Milito was not included in the 23-man shortlist for the new FIFA Ballon d`Or.
The treble winners had Julio Cesar, Maicon, Wesley Sneijder and Samuel Eto`o on the list but Argentina`s Milito, who scored 22 league goals in his debut season for Inter last term, was omitted.
Milito netted the winning goals as Inter clinched their fifth straight scudetto, the Italian Cup and the European Cup last May but has been injured for much of this term with his side stuttering slightly without him.
"I am very sorry for the exclusion of Diego Milito from the list of candidates for the Ballon d`Or," Moratti told reporters late on Wednesday. "I called him to tell him that it`s an incredible decision."
The Inter president also said Ballon d`Or favourite Sneijder was close to signing a new contract and maintained it was his dream to one day sign Barcelona`s Linoel Messi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says