Inter fined for Balotelli racist abuse
Milan: Lega Serie A has handed Inter a €50,000 fine for their fans` behaviour in Sunday`s 1-1 league draw against AC Milan after the Nerazzurri supporters were found guilty of a number of violations.
An official statement reads that Inter were fined for:
1) racial chants and screams aimed at a player of the opposing team [Mario Balotelli] in the 11th minute of the first half, and in the 11th, 15th, 16th and 19th minute of the second half.
2) similar chants at players of the opposition in the 30th minute of the first half and the 44th minute of the second half.
3) exposing several insulting banners aimed at the opposition`s fans and players.
4) aiming a laser light at players on several occasions.
Inter were previously handed a €15,000 fine after the club`s supporters racially abused Balotelli during the win over Chievo earlier in February.
Meanwhile, Milan have been handed a €10,000 fine after their supporters showcased insulting banners aimed at Inter players and fans.
Furthermore, Balotelli has been given a €10,000 fine and an official warning for his gesture towards the Inter fans in the closing stages of the match as he attempted to silence the offenders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda