Inter Milan confirm interest in Torres
Milan: Inter general director Marco Fassone admitted that they could bring in Spanish striker Fernando Torres in preparation for next season`s Europa League campaign.
The Spanish striker is reportedly on his way out of English club Chelsea, with the Nerazzurri reportedly one of his most likely destinations, reports Xinhua.
"He is among the names that we are interested in," Fassone said Monday.
"Our president Erick Thihir also said that recently. You will discover in due course who the player is that we will focus on," he said.
Fassone said Inter`s goal this season is to at least hold on to their current fifth position in the Serie A table so as to qualify for next season`s Europa League.
"Our goal at the moment is to enter the Europa League. It would be a problem if a club like Inter could not play in Europe for two successive seasons," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Sonia Gandhi answer RSS's claim of igniting riots in the country?
- DNA: Only 4% of Indian polpulation pays income tax
- Police arrest person accused of abducting woman in Bengaluru
- Scientists find three Earth-sized planets orbiting dwarf star
- Kerala: Dalit law student brutally raped, murdered in Ernakulam
- Illegal mining scam: BJP Karnataka president Yeddyurappa becomes teary-eyed in CBI court
- Adorable! This cute baby goes to bed with his best mate dog – Watch video
- Supreme Court to consider NEET exemption applications on Tuesday
- Delhi, Jammu, Shimla see hottest day of season; Telangana toll 178
- Rahul Gandhi to be Congress chief in 2016: Jairam Ramesh