Inter Milan confirm interest in Torres
Milan: Inter general director Marco Fassone admitted that they could bring in Spanish striker Fernando Torres in preparation for next season`s Europa League campaign.
The Spanish striker is reportedly on his way out of English club Chelsea, with the Nerazzurri reportedly one of his most likely destinations, reports Xinhua.
"He is among the names that we are interested in," Fassone said Monday.
"Our president Erick Thihir also said that recently. You will discover in due course who the player is that we will focus on," he said.
Fassone said Inter`s goal this season is to at least hold on to their current fifth position in the Serie A table so as to qualify for next season`s Europa League.
"Our goal at the moment is to enter the Europa League. It would be a problem if a club like Inter could not play in Europe for two successive seasons," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra