Inter Milan wants Chelsea to pay £33m for Sneijder
London: Italian club Inter Milan have told Chelsea that they want 33 million pounds for Wesley Sneijder.
Inter are holding out for a massive fee for Dutch midfielder Sneijder, but have hinted a deal involving cash plus either Michael Essien or Florent Malouda might clinch a move, the Daily Express reports.
Chelsea is facing competition from both Manchester United and Manchester City for Sneijder.
Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich is still reluctant to meet Inter’s massive price for the 26-year-old.
Chelsea is hoping to conclude two deals this weekend. Talks with Anderlecht’s 18-year-old striker Romelu Lukaku in Monaco are near completion, and an £18m deal is to be clinched on Saturday.
A nine million pound deal for Racing Genk winger Kevin de Bruyne is also close, but the 19-year-old Belgium international is to be loaned back to his parent club for a year before moving to England.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31