Inter president Moratti fined
Milan: Inter Milan president Massimo Moratti has been fined 20,000 euros for accusing referees of purposefully harming his football team.
He made the shocking statements after a 3-4 home defeat to Atalanta when a penalty was awarded for a non-existent handling offence.
"I no longer believe in the good faith of the referees," Moratti claimed.
The Italian Serie A Disciplinary Commission announced Thursday evening it had reviewed the case and would fine Moratti 20,000 euros for statements that damage the reputation of the referees and doubt their impartiality and good faith.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'