Inter president Moratti fined
Milan: Inter Milan president Massimo Moratti has been fined 20,000 euros for accusing referees of purposefully harming his football team.
He made the shocking statements after a 3-4 home defeat to Atalanta when a penalty was awarded for a non-existent handling offence.
"I no longer believe in the good faith of the referees," Moratti claimed.
The Italian Serie A Disciplinary Commission announced Thursday evening it had reviewed the case and would fine Moratti 20,000 euros for statements that damage the reputation of the referees and doubt their impartiality and good faith.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice