Inter, Real Madrid agree fee for Wesley Sneijder – Report
Madrid: Inter may have made a breakthrough in their negotiations with Real Madrid over the transfer of Dutch midfielder Wesley Sneijder, however, it seems that the 25-year-old will take some persuasion to leave the Bernabeu.
The clubs have agreed a Euros19 million fee, according to 24oredisport.com, Euros 8.5m of which will be paid this summer and the remaining Euros10.5m in June 2010. A contract has been drawn up for Sneijder, which will see him sign with the Beneamata until 2013 on a 3.7m Euros-per-year deal.
The former Ajax man has been insistent, however, that he wants to fight for his place at Real Madrid. Despite the heavy competition for spots in Manuel Pellegrini`s team, Sneijder declared after the Netherlands` friendly with England on Wednesday that he is not interested in joining the Italian champions.
Sneijder would be assured of a place in Jose Mourinho`s side, as the Portuguese tactician has been desperately searching for a trequartista to play behind the new strike-pairing of Samuel Eto`o and Diego Milito. While Dejan Stankovic was effective in the role last year, the ‘Special One’ has made the attacking midfield position his top priority in the transfer market this summer.
Should the Dutchman reject Inter`s contract offer, the Nerazzurri are likely to return to Bordeaux with an offer for former Milan player Yoann Gourcuff.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Pakistan's attrocities on Gilgit-Baltistan to Mehbooba's hard hitting attitude on Kashmir violence
- Sakshi Malik, PV Sindhu, Dipa Karmakar, Pullela Gopichand to be gifted BMW cars
- Expect 8% GDP growth in FY17 on back of good monsoon: Shaktikanta Das
- Saarc FMs meet focused on trade, tax avoidance pacts: Das
- Centre to replace J&K governor? Five names doing rounds as his successor
- Arun Jaitley pitches for BRICS arbitration platform