Inter routs Sassuolo 7-0
Rome: Diego Milito made a fantastic comeback from injury as he scored a brace to help Inter Milan hammer promoted Italian Serie A side Sassuolo 7-0.
Rodrigo Palacio, Saphir Taider, Ricardo Alvarez and Estaban Cambiasso all scored for Inter, and Sassuolo defender Raffaele Puccino added an own goal Sunday, reports Xinhua.
Milito, who had been out of action since snapping his knee ligament against Cluj seven months ago, had many people to thank after his comeback.
"This brace means a lot to me and I am very happy to be back, especially with two goals," he said.
"We put in an extraordinary performance and this is a fantastic group. I have so many people to thank, including my family, children, teammates, Andrea Scanavino who helped my recuperation, Franco Combi and the other doctors," he said.
Milito returned to a reborn Nerazzurri side that has conceded one goal all season, earning three wins and a draw.
"It`s an extraordinary squad and we are doing things properly, so it`s easier for me to return in a team like this. Inter have to take it one game at a time. We are a new group with a new coach, so have a lot of work to do, but we are on the right track," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress to hold legislature party meeting in Puducherry today, decision on CM candidate likely
- VHP president Praveen Togadia visits Bajrang Dal's 'self-defence' camp in Noida, defends arms training of activists
- WATCH: INCREDIBLE! Not just AB de Villiers but wife Danielle too is multitalented
- Check rajresults.nic.in, rajeduboard.nic.in for Rajasthan Board BSER Class 12 (Arts) Examination Results 2016 to be declared after 3 pm on May 28
- Mass rape video shocks Brazil as teen girl drugged, gang-raped by over 30 men in Rio