Inter routs Sassuolo 7-0
Rome: Diego Milito made a fantastic comeback from injury as he scored a brace to help Inter Milan hammer promoted Italian Serie A side Sassuolo 7-0.
Rodrigo Palacio, Saphir Taider, Ricardo Alvarez and Estaban Cambiasso all scored for Inter, and Sassuolo defender Raffaele Puccino added an own goal Sunday, reports Xinhua.
Milito, who had been out of action since snapping his knee ligament against Cluj seven months ago, had many people to thank after his comeback.
"This brace means a lot to me and I am very happy to be back, especially with two goals," he said.
"We put in an extraordinary performance and this is a fantastic group. I have so many people to thank, including my family, children, teammates, Andrea Scanavino who helped my recuperation, Franco Combi and the other doctors," he said.
Milito returned to a reborn Nerazzurri side that has conceded one goal all season, earning three wins and a draw.
"It`s an extraordinary squad and we are doing things properly, so it`s easier for me to return in a team like this. Inter have to take it one game at a time. We are a new group with a new coach, so have a lot of work to do, but we are on the right track," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- NASA completes series of engine tests for next big rocket