Inter`s Wesley Sneijder fighting to be fit for Barcelona tie: Report
Inter Milan: Inter midfielder Wesley Sneijder is facing a race against time as he plans to be in contention for a role against Barcelona in the Champions League next week, according to La Gazzetta Dello Sport.
The Dutch international suffered an ankle injury whilst on international duty at the weekend, but early indications suggest he could be fit for the showdown against the Blaugrana in nine days.
Inter doctor Franco Combi flew out to see Sneijder in Holland on Sunday and it seems his right ankle should heal up by next week.
Sneijder is unlikely to play against Scotland this Wednesday, but he may be back at Jose Mourinho`s disposal for the Parma game this weekend. However, the coach may be cautious and rest his man with the Barcelona clash in mind.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Srinagar encounter: Two suspected cop killers gunned down as search-op against militants continues
- Van Gaal sacked by United, Mourinho poised to step in
- Iraq justice ministry announces execution of 22 convicts
- UK grants asylum to Maldives' ex-president Mohamed Nasheed
- North Korean envoy rejects Trump overture to meet leader