Inter`s Wesley Sneijder fighting to be fit for Barcelona tie: Report
Inter Milan: Inter midfielder Wesley Sneijder is facing a race against time as he plans to be in contention for a role against Barcelona in the Champions League next week, according to La Gazzetta Dello Sport.
The Dutch international suffered an ankle injury whilst on international duty at the weekend, but early indications suggest he could be fit for the showdown against the Blaugrana in nine days.
Inter doctor Franco Combi flew out to see Sneijder in Holland on Sunday and it seems his right ankle should heal up by next week.
Sneijder is unlikely to play against Scotland this Wednesday, but he may be back at Jose Mourinho`s disposal for the Parma game this weekend. However, the coach may be cautious and rest his man with the Barcelona clash in mind.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Watch this video! Your stomach will churn as man puts 2 live vampire bats in mouth
- WATCH: On this day in 1983, Kapil Dev's India were crowned world champion
- `Narasimha Rao used IB to keep an eye on Sonia Gandhi after Babri Masjid demolition`
- Iceland elects new president in vote eclipsed by Euros, Brexit
- We don't need people like Mukhtar Ansari in party: Akhilesh Yadav