Inter`s Wesley Sneijder fighting to be fit for Barcelona tie: Report
Inter Milan: Inter midfielder Wesley Sneijder is facing a race against time as he plans to be in contention for a role against Barcelona in the Champions League next week, according to La Gazzetta Dello Sport.
The Dutch international suffered an ankle injury whilst on international duty at the weekend, but early indications suggest he could be fit for the showdown against the Blaugrana in nine days.
Inter doctor Franco Combi flew out to see Sneijder in Holland on Sunday and it seems his right ankle should heal up by next week.
Sneijder is unlikely to play against Scotland this Wednesday, but he may be back at Jose Mourinho`s disposal for the Parma game this weekend. However, the coach may be cautious and rest his man with the Barcelona clash in mind.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi