Interim City boss Kidd says club ‘in shock’ since Mancini’s sacking
London: Manchester City interim manager Brian Kidd has said that the club has been in a ‘state of shock’ since the last 24 hours following the sacking of Roberto Mancini from the post of manager.
Kidd, Mancini’s former assistant, took charge of the side for the game against Reading, which City won 2-0 to secure second place in the Premier League, after David Platt, the first-team coach, resigned to follow Mancini, a close friend, out of the club.
According to Kidd, the events of the last 24 hours have been a shock to the entire stuff and the players, adding that he is pleased with the players for managing to win over Reading as they were the ones who had to put up with most of the backlash following Mancini’s sacking.
Stating that it would have been a mockery if City did not get the second place, Kidd said that the win was a much-needed cool drink to them following their humiliation after the FA cup final defeat to Wigan Athletic.
Throughout the game, the fans sang Mancini`s name to again show their support for the former manager who led the club to last Cup.
According to Kidd, although the players, staff and the fans were disappointed, everyone managed to make the match into a good show, with the support from the fans and the staff, coupled with the performances of the players.
Kidd further said that at this stage of the season, the game becomes all about getting results instead of simply performances, for which winning the second spot had become necessary for both him and the club.
Goals from Sergio Aguero and Edin Dzeko confirmed City will finish second in the Premier League as they are now six points clear of Chelsea, on 78 points, with only one game left, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city