Interim City boss Kidd says club ‘in shock’ since Mancini’s sacking
London: Manchester City interim manager Brian Kidd has said that the club has been in a ‘state of shock’ since the last 24 hours following the sacking of Roberto Mancini from the post of manager.
Kidd, Mancini’s former assistant, took charge of the side for the game against Reading, which City won 2-0 to secure second place in the Premier League, after David Platt, the first-team coach, resigned to follow Mancini, a close friend, out of the club.
According to Kidd, the events of the last 24 hours have been a shock to the entire stuff and the players, adding that he is pleased with the players for managing to win over Reading as they were the ones who had to put up with most of the backlash following Mancini’s sacking.
Stating that it would have been a mockery if City did not get the second place, Kidd said that the win was a much-needed cool drink to them following their humiliation after the FA cup final defeat to Wigan Athletic.
Throughout the game, the fans sang Mancini`s name to again show their support for the former manager who led the club to last Cup.
According to Kidd, although the players, staff and the fans were disappointed, everyone managed to make the match into a good show, with the support from the fans and the staff, coupled with the performances of the players.
Kidd further said that at this stage of the season, the game becomes all about getting results instead of simply performances, for which winning the second spot had become necessary for both him and the club.
Goals from Sergio Aguero and Edin Dzeko confirmed City will finish second in the Premier League as they are now six points clear of Chelsea, on 78 points, with only one game left, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown