Intl friendly between India and S Africa postponed
New Delhi: The proposed international football friendly between India and South Africa scheduled to be held on January 7 has been postponed.
According to sources, the South African Football Association (SAFA) has informed the All India Football Federation (AIFF) on Monday that they would not be available to play the friendly on the scheduled date.
"SAFA has told us that the friendly will be postponed," a source said.
The friendly was supposed to mark the 150th year of arrival of Indians in the African nation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- PM Narendra Modi to visit Gujarat to launch irrigation scheme SAUNI Yojana today
- These 5 automakers are looking for a turnaround in India –Know
- Maruti Suzuki Swift ‘Deca’ teased
- Five effective natural home remedies for treating chikungunya!
- On mistreating women's hockey players: Indian Railways slams report, says players were not made to sit on floor