Intl friendly between India and S Africa postponed
New Delhi: The proposed international football friendly between India and South Africa scheduled to be held on January 7 has been postponed.
According to sources, the South African Football Association (SAFA) has informed the All India Football Federation (AIFF) on Monday that they would not be available to play the friendly on the scheduled date.
"SAFA has told us that the friendly will be postponed," a source said.
The friendly was supposed to mark the 150th year of arrival of Indians in the African nation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Modi finds 'Little India' with Diwali lights, delicious food in Singapore - In Pics