Intl friendly between India and S Africa postponed
New Delhi: The proposed international football friendly between India and South Africa scheduled to be held on January 7 has been postponed.
According to sources, the South African Football Association (SAFA) has informed the All India Football Federation (AIFF) on Monday that they would not be available to play the friendly on the scheduled date.
"SAFA has told us that the friendly will be postponed," a source said.
The friendly was supposed to mark the 150th year of arrival of Indians in the African nation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred