IPL to be no match for PLS, say organisers
Kolkata: The Premier League Soccer (PLS) might have taken a leaf out of the IPL but the hugely successful money-spinning T20 cricket event would be no match for the upcoming football tournament, boasting a galaxy of World Cuppers, organisers claimed.
Utpal Ganguli, secretary of the Indian Football Association who is organising the tournament, said, they were not worried about the future of PLS, clashing with the IPL V.
"We are overwhelmed by queries from all over the world. Looking at the phenomenal response, I am sure IPL TV right holders would be worried about PLS," Ganguli said.
"I am not here to challenge anybody. But looking at the fan following of football all over the world, I`m sure that IPL would be no match for PLS," Ganguli said on the sidelines of a meeting with the six franchises of PLS.
He said they did not have any rift with Indian parent body AIFF from whom they have taken an "approval". "They had some queries to which we have replied. There was some apprehension but no misunderstanding (with IFA). We have assured them that the guidelines would be followed."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!
- Vodafone launches unlimited free voice calling offer for prepaid customers