IPL to be no match for PLS, say organisers
Kolkata: The Premier League Soccer (PLS) might have taken a leaf out of the IPL but the hugely successful money-spinning T20 cricket event would be no match for the upcoming football tournament, boasting a galaxy of World Cuppers, organisers claimed.
Utpal Ganguli, secretary of the Indian Football Association who is organising the tournament, said, they were not worried about the future of PLS, clashing with the IPL V.
"We are overwhelmed by queries from all over the world. Looking at the phenomenal response, I am sure IPL TV right holders would be worried about PLS," Ganguli said.
"I am not here to challenge anybody. But looking at the fan following of football all over the world, I`m sure that IPL would be no match for PLS," Ganguli said on the sidelines of a meeting with the six franchises of PLS.
He said they did not have any rift with Indian parent body AIFF from whom they have taken an "approval". "They had some queries to which we have replied. There was some apprehension but no misunderstanding (with IFA). We have assured them that the guidelines would be followed."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days