Iran edges out Qatar to revive hopes for World Cup qualifying
Tehran: The Iranian national football team beat Qatar 1-0 to restore their hopes of qualifying for the 2014 World Cup.
In the match held at Doha Al Sadd Stadium Tuesday, striker Reza Ghoochannejhad`s 66th-minute strike gave the Iranians the win against Qatar in Group A of the Asian Zone.
In another game of the same group, South Korea drew 1-1 with Lebanon in Beirut.
After Tuesday`s matches, Iran stay third, one point behind Uzbekistan and South Korea who lead the group.
Iran will play Lebanon and South Korea June 11 and 18, respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Future of cinema is internet movies, says Kangana Ranaut
- Campus violence: AMU expels 11 students, suspends 17 others
- Mandy Moore, Ryan Adams officially divorced
- Subramanian Swamy – Interesting facts about the firebrand politician
- What happened when Deepika Padukone met a boy who was disappointed over results! – Details inside