Iran edges out Qatar to revive hopes for World Cup qualifying
Tehran: The Iranian national football team beat Qatar 1-0 to restore their hopes of qualifying for the 2014 World Cup.
In the match held at Doha Al Sadd Stadium Tuesday, striker Reza Ghoochannejhad`s 66th-minute strike gave the Iranians the win against Qatar in Group A of the Asian Zone.
In another game of the same group, South Korea drew 1-1 with Lebanon in Beirut.
After Tuesday`s matches, Iran stay third, one point behind Uzbekistan and South Korea who lead the group.
Iran will play Lebanon and South Korea June 11 and 18, respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- Poll defeat triggers infighting in Congress? Now, Satyavrat Chaturvedi attacks Digvijaya Singh
- READ: Virender Sehwag's important message to parents, students after CBSE class 12 results
- Hangul, the rare Kashmir deer, may soon go extinct
- Twitter war: Verbal duel between Smriti Irani and Congress' Priyanka Chaturvedi - Know what happened
- WATCH: DD vs RCB highlights - Virat Kohli steals show with match-winning knock