Iran edges out Qatar to revive hopes for World Cup qualifying
Tehran: The Iranian national football team beat Qatar 1-0 to restore their hopes of qualifying for the 2014 World Cup.
In the match held at Doha Al Sadd Stadium Tuesday, striker Reza Ghoochannejhad`s 66th-minute strike gave the Iranians the win against Qatar in Group A of the Asian Zone.
In another game of the same group, South Korea drew 1-1 with Lebanon in Beirut.
After Tuesday`s matches, Iran stay third, one point behind Uzbekistan and South Korea who lead the group.
Iran will play Lebanon and South Korea June 11 and 18, respectively.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan