Iran, South Korea qualify for 2014 World Cup
Ulsan: Iran beat South Korea 1-0 to reach the 2014 World Cup on Tuesday but the hosts also qualified on goal difference despite a heroic effort by group rivals Uzbekistan.
Uzbekistan beat Qatar 5-1 in Tashkent but, needing to win by seven goals, failed to overhaul South Korea for the second automatic qualifying spot in Group A. The former Soviet Republic now go into a play-off series.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- Panel discussion over rights of Muslim women
- DNA: How passengers risk their lives while travelling by train - Part II
- DNA: How passengers risk their lives while travelling by train
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...