Irked Rooney slams Mancini
Zeenews Sports Bureau
London: Irked by Roberto Mancini’s accusations, Manchester United’s Wayne Rooney has slammed the Italian insisting that he had no role in Vincent Kompany getting a red card.
City’s skipper Kompany was sent-off after 11 minutes during Sunday’s FA cup derby encounter after a two-footed lunge at United’s Nani. This led Rooney rushing towards referee, Foy, who immediately issued a red card to the Belgian.
“Funny how people think I got Kompany sent off. I’m not the referee. I didn’t give the red card, but it was a clear red card (for a) two- footed tackle.” Daily Star quoted Rooney as saying.
The red card means that Vincent Kompany faces a ban of four matches as this was his second red card of the season. City have lodged an appeal against the card but the daily has learnt that it is most likely to be rejected.
Meanwhile, City’s defender Micah Richards might also face the heat for his comments on the referee in which he pointed out Foy’s decision as the reason for his team’s loss to United at Etihad stadium.
“First and foremost, I think the decision killed the whole game. We’ve watched it 10, 20 times and it’s the same outcome every time – it’s never a red card. It is a decision which cost us.” said Richards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Panel discussion on Kejriwal's poisonous radio ad on Dadri incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!