Irked Rooney slams Mancini
Zeenews Sports Bureau
London: Irked by Roberto Mancini’s accusations, Manchester United’s Wayne Rooney has slammed the Italian insisting that he had no role in Vincent Kompany getting a red card.
City’s skipper Kompany was sent-off after 11 minutes during Sunday’s FA cup derby encounter after a two-footed lunge at United’s Nani. This led Rooney rushing towards referee, Foy, who immediately issued a red card to the Belgian.
“Funny how people think I got Kompany sent off. I’m not the referee. I didn’t give the red card, but it was a clear red card (for a) two- footed tackle.” Daily Star quoted Rooney as saying.
The red card means that Vincent Kompany faces a ban of four matches as this was his second red card of the season. City have lodged an appeal against the card but the daily has learnt that it is most likely to be rejected.
Meanwhile, City’s defender Micah Richards might also face the heat for his comments on the referee in which he pointed out Foy’s decision as the reason for his team’s loss to United at Etihad stadium.
“First and foremost, I think the decision killed the whole game. We’ve watched it 10, 20 times and it’s the same outcome every time – it’s never a red card. It is a decision which cost us.” said Richards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?