ISL lacks sanctity, is detrimental to Indian football, says Valanka
Margao: The CEO of Churchill Brothers Valanka Alemao has condemned several aspects of the Indian Super League and urged AIFF president Praful Patel to enforce regulations to protect Indian football.
"The presently held l-League is the example of professional football in India and this has been achieved after much hardship, struggle and combined efforts of talented players, the clubs they are associated with, and the AIFF," Valanka said in a letter to Patel.
Attacking Indian Super League, Valanka said the AIFF should have been helping football clubs in arranging matches in various parts of the country to spot new talents and providing platform to the deserving players.
"Such purported league, Indian Super League, has no legal sanctity to it as the proposed league is in violation of binding FIFA/ AFC principles, norms and regulations, and AIFF has grossly failed to perform its obligations and is in violation of the set norms there under," Valanka alleged.
Alleging that the "illegal" ISL will result in "downgrading" the stature of I-League, Valanka said the ISL is in fact prejudicial to interests of players and clubs.
Valanka also objected to the proposed auctioning of players in the ISL.
"As per the FIFA regulations on the Status and Transfer of Players, there is no system of auctioning. FIFA only recognises engaging and releasing players. The proposed Indian Super League contemplates acquiring players, already associated with clubs," Valanka said.
Valanka expressed apprehension that on the lines of the Indian Premier League (IPL) whose last season was marred by match-fixing and betting scandal, the ISL will also face the same predicaments.
"Such purported league will only add to betting, fixing and unlawful activities in this game, which appears to serve only vested interests," Valanka said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- ICSE ISC Results 2016: CISCE.org Board Class 10th (X) & 12th (XII) Result is likely to be declared on May 6, 2016
- Happy flying! Air tickets of 1-hour flights could cost just Rs 2,500
- DHSE Kerala HSC (+2) Result 2016: Keralaresults.nic.in Class 12th Plus two Result 2016 Kerala Board is likely to be declared on May 9, 2016
- Time flies! Emraan Hashmi reminisces four years of 'Jannat 2'
- Russia says bolstering forces to counter NATO