ISL lacks sanctity, is detrimental to Indian football, says Valanka
Margao: The CEO of Churchill Brothers Valanka Alemao has condemned several aspects of the Indian Super League and urged AIFF president Praful Patel to enforce regulations to protect Indian football.
"The presently held l-League is the example of professional football in India and this has been achieved after much hardship, struggle and combined efforts of talented players, the clubs they are associated with, and the AIFF," Valanka said in a letter to Patel.
Attacking Indian Super League, Valanka said the AIFF should have been helping football clubs in arranging matches in various parts of the country to spot new talents and providing platform to the deserving players.
"Such purported league, Indian Super League, has no legal sanctity to it as the proposed league is in violation of binding FIFA/ AFC principles, norms and regulations, and AIFF has grossly failed to perform its obligations and is in violation of the set norms there under," Valanka alleged.
Alleging that the "illegal" ISL will result in "downgrading" the stature of I-League, Valanka said the ISL is in fact prejudicial to interests of players and clubs.
Valanka also objected to the proposed auctioning of players in the ISL.
"As per the FIFA regulations on the Status and Transfer of Players, there is no system of auctioning. FIFA only recognises engaging and releasing players. The proposed Indian Super League contemplates acquiring players, already associated with clubs," Valanka said.
Valanka expressed apprehension that on the lines of the Indian Premier League (IPL) whose last season was marred by match-fixing and betting scandal, the ISL will also face the same predicaments.
"Such purported league will only add to betting, fixing and unlawful activities in this game, which appears to serve only vested interests," Valanka said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor