It feels good to compete against Messi and Ronaldo: Burak
London: The Turkey attacker has received abuse following comparisons with his Real Madrid and Barcelona counterparts but says he enjoys competing with them.
Galatasaray striker Burak Yilmaz says he enjoys competing with Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi but played down comparisons between himself and the duo.
The Turkey international has been in good form and is currently the Champions League joint top scorer.
"I don`t aim to be the top scorer in the Champions League. If I am, then it`s great. But my purpose is to be successful as a team. I don`t think about it as an individual,” Burak told Sabah.
“Messi and Ronaldo are the best players in the world and it feels good to compete against them. It`s an honour but honestly, I`m not in a position to challenge them. I just feel good and will try to score as many goals as possible and continue to do good work," he added.
The 27-year-old is currently equal on goals with Cristiano Ronaldo after the group stages of this season’s Champions League.
Despite being last year’s Super Lig top scorer, he has received criticism for his comparison to the Real Madrid and Barcelona strikers.
"There will always be some critics of course but sometimes people need to support players like me. I`ve succeeded so much individually, some people just envy me,” said Burak.
The Gala man also spoke about recent transfer rumours, adding that he is happy where he is but that the final decision lies with his club.
"I feel peaceful here. My club is in charge but I can say that I want to stay and succeed at Galatasaray."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shrinking US presence in Afghanistan creates security concerns: Report
- Bangladesh pacer Shahadat Hossain apologizes for torturing 11-year-old girl, asks for end to ban
- Bipasha Basu, Karan Singh Grover's special YOGA session before wedding!
- Vijay Mallya says keen on paying up dues, but Rs 9000 default figure artificially inflated
- Tiananmen activist Lu Jinghua alleges 'India-China economic business deal' behind visa cancellation