It feels good to compete against Messi and Ronaldo: Burak
London: The Turkey attacker has received abuse following comparisons with his Real Madrid and Barcelona counterparts but says he enjoys competing with them.
Galatasaray striker Burak Yilmaz says he enjoys competing with Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi but played down comparisons between himself and the duo.
The Turkey international has been in good form and is currently the Champions League joint top scorer.
"I don`t aim to be the top scorer in the Champions League. If I am, then it`s great. But my purpose is to be successful as a team. I don`t think about it as an individual,” Burak told Sabah.
“Messi and Ronaldo are the best players in the world and it feels good to compete against them. It`s an honour but honestly, I`m not in a position to challenge them. I just feel good and will try to score as many goals as possible and continue to do good work," he added.
The 27-year-old is currently equal on goals with Cristiano Ronaldo after the group stages of this season’s Champions League.
Despite being last year’s Super Lig top scorer, he has received criticism for his comparison to the Real Madrid and Barcelona strikers.
"There will always be some critics of course but sometimes people need to support players like me. I`ve succeeded so much individually, some people just envy me,” said Burak.
The Gala man also spoke about recent transfer rumours, adding that he is happy where he is but that the final decision lies with his club.
"I feel peaceful here. My club is in charge but I can say that I want to stay and succeed at Galatasaray."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok