It feels good to compete against Messi and Ronaldo: Burak
London: The Turkey attacker has received abuse following comparisons with his Real Madrid and Barcelona counterparts but says he enjoys competing with them.
Galatasaray striker Burak Yilmaz says he enjoys competing with Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi but played down comparisons between himself and the duo.
The Turkey international has been in good form and is currently the Champions League joint top scorer.
"I don`t aim to be the top scorer in the Champions League. If I am, then it`s great. But my purpose is to be successful as a team. I don`t think about it as an individual,” Burak told Sabah.
“Messi and Ronaldo are the best players in the world and it feels good to compete against them. It`s an honour but honestly, I`m not in a position to challenge them. I just feel good and will try to score as many goals as possible and continue to do good work," he added.
The 27-year-old is currently equal on goals with Cristiano Ronaldo after the group stages of this season’s Champions League.
Despite being last year’s Super Lig top scorer, he has received criticism for his comparison to the Real Madrid and Barcelona strikers.
"There will always be some critics of course but sometimes people need to support players like me. I`ve succeeded so much individually, some people just envy me,” said Burak.
The Gala man also spoke about recent transfer rumours, adding that he is happy where he is but that the final decision lies with his club.
"I feel peaceful here. My club is in charge but I can say that I want to stay and succeed at Galatasaray."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves