Italian football is improving: Buffon
Rome: Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon is wary of the competition that awaits in Serie A this season having watched the Scudetto challengers bolster their ranks in the summer.
The Bianconeri have triumphed in the last two campaigns in Italy, though the veteran shot-stopper believes that there are plenty of contenders who have strengthened their squads in the past couple of months.
Buffon highlighted Napoli and Fiorentina in particular, though also refused to rule out the threat of AC Milan and Inter, who endured differing fates in Serie A in the previous campaign.
"Our league is improving," Buffon told the club`s official website. "Napoli and Fiorentina have been playing good football for a year, made spectacular progress and I think the players who have chosen to play in Italy have also come to this conclusion.
"Napoli have bolstered their squad and recruited a winner as their coach. He’s someone I have a great deal of respect for, a great professional who knows what’s required in order to win.
"Fiorentina also have the signing of Giuseppe Rossi, who if he clicks with Mario Gomez will form part of an international level strikeforce.
"Milan are competitive even without making big statements in the transfer market, because they’ve already got players that allow them to be amongst the front runners.
"Inter’s best signing has been their coach and they already have a foundation of six or seven young and important players. They’ll soon be able to get back to winning ways."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves