Italy `embarrassed` after Haiti draw: Prandelli
Spain: The 55-year-old admits his team`s failure to overcome the lowly Grenadiers was humiliating but is hoping to rediscover "sharpness" ahead of the Confederations Cup.
Italy boss Cesare Prandelli says he is "embarrassed" following Tuesday`s 2-2 draw with Haiti.
The Azzurri, who sit 55 places above their Caribbean counterparts in the Fifa world rankings, conceded twice in the final seven minutes after Emanuele Giaccherini and Claudio Marchisio had given Prandelli`s men a two-goal lead.
And the 55-year-old admits the outcome was far from the morale-booster he would have hoped for ahead of his side`s Confederations Cup opener against Mexico on June 16.
"It is certainly a bad result, and an embarrassing one, because a draw with Haiti is an embarrassment," he said.
"We arrived yesterday and made many changes. We should’ve been different in terms of spirit today.
"We have to take many aspects into consideration, most importantly we need to find our physical sharpness.
"We’ve worked towards this and you could see today we lost every single sprint, so we hope in five days the team can begin to deliver."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Anna Hazare flaunts his swag on 'The Kapil Sharma Show', no kidding! - Pic inside