Italy rout San Marino 4-0
Bologna: Italy made an ideal start for their next week`s FIFA World Cup qualifier against the Czech Republic as they thrashed San Marino 4-0 in a friendly.
Andrea Poli opened the scoring (28th minute) before Alberto Gilardino doubled the lead six minutes later. Andrea Pirlo curled home a free-kick five minutes after the break with Alberto Aquilani finished off the routing (79th).
Mario Balotelli came on in the second half, only to see his two shots hit the woodwork.
Italy head coach Cesare Prandelli was "satisfied" with his side`s performance, claiming he has to make choice to finalise selections for his team.
"It was not simple, as when there are no spaces you need to be quick. We had four or five tough days of training and I am satisfied with what I saw," he said.
"We need to improve the tempo when we start moves from the back but physically we`re in good shape. I cannot take names now, as I wanted to see some players in action and they all deserve to be here, but I have to make choices," he said.
Italy will play away with Czech June 7.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- NASA completes series of engine tests for next big rocket