Italy to introduce new blood, says coach
Rome: The Italian national football team`s head coach Cesare Prandelli has said his side will introduce some new blood in preparation for the 2014 World Cup.
"We have to work out how to combine good football with results, therefore achieving qualification without going back on our need to renovate the squad," Prandelli told reporters Sunday.
"After all, that is what Spain did after winning the World Cup. They changed 50 percent of the side to target Euro 2012. It is only natural to run into some initial difficulties but our objective has to be taking this side past that hurdle and into the 2014 World Cup," Xinhua quoted Prandelli as saying.
"It is not easy but we must do it because the Italy squad has to be at least partially renovated. There will not be any new faces in the next call-ups because recently we have already brought in quite a few," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Son of Kota Central jail prisoner clears IIT entrance exam
- Cabinet approves Act allowing malls, restaurants, theaters to stay open 24×7
- New framework that can predict terrorist attacks developed!
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution?
- Novak Djokovic calls for football-style Davis Cup to keep tournament alive
- 'Dishoom' promotions: Jacqueline Fernandez impersonating Lisa Haydon will make you ROFL-- Watch
- Cold war between Bollywood buddies Salman Khan and Sanjay Dutt - All you need to know
- German Bakery blast: Maharashtra govt challenges verdict commuting death penalty of Himayat Baig
- UP: 7-year-old girl raped, later killed; police refuse to handover body, beat up family members