Italy to introduce new blood, says coach
Rome: The Italian national football team`s head coach Cesare Prandelli has said his side will introduce some new blood in preparation for the 2014 World Cup.
"We have to work out how to combine good football with results, therefore achieving qualification without going back on our need to renovate the squad," Prandelli told reporters Sunday.
"After all, that is what Spain did after winning the World Cup. They changed 50 percent of the side to target Euro 2012. It is only natural to run into some initial difficulties but our objective has to be taking this side past that hurdle and into the 2014 World Cup," Xinhua quoted Prandelli as saying.
"It is not easy but we must do it because the Italy squad has to be at least partially renovated. There will not be any new faces in the next call-ups because recently we have already brought in quite a few," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt