Italy to introduce new blood, says coach
Rome: The Italian national football team`s head coach Cesare Prandelli has said his side will introduce some new blood in preparation for the 2014 World Cup.
"We have to work out how to combine good football with results, therefore achieving qualification without going back on our need to renovate the squad," Prandelli told reporters Sunday.
"After all, that is what Spain did after winning the World Cup. They changed 50 percent of the side to target Euro 2012. It is only natural to run into some initial difficulties but our objective has to be taking this side past that hurdle and into the 2014 World Cup," Xinhua quoted Prandelli as saying.
"It is not easy but we must do it because the Italy squad has to be at least partially renovated. There will not be any new faces in the next call-ups because recently we have already brought in quite a few," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre