Italy to introduce new blood, says coach
Rome: The Italian national football team`s head coach Cesare Prandelli has said his side will introduce some new blood in preparation for the 2014 World Cup.
"We have to work out how to combine good football with results, therefore achieving qualification without going back on our need to renovate the squad," Prandelli told reporters Sunday.
"After all, that is what Spain did after winning the World Cup. They changed 50 percent of the side to target Euro 2012. It is only natural to run into some initial difficulties but our objective has to be taking this side past that hurdle and into the 2014 World Cup," Xinhua quoted Prandelli as saying.
"It is not easy but we must do it because the Italy squad has to be at least partially renovated. There will not be any new faces in the next call-ups because recently we have already brought in quite a few," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured