Ivorian Doumbia named Russia`s footballer of the year
Moscow: Ivory Coast football striker Seydou Doumbia was named Russia`s Player of the Year here Thursday.
Doumbia, playing for CSKA Moscow, scored 24 goals in 32 matches of the Russian Premier League, which is currently on a winter break. The 23-year-old also collected five goals in the group stage of this year`s UEFA Champions League.
Doumbia got a record 591 points in an annual poll of the country`s football journalists, Xinhua reported.
Dynamo Moscow`s Ukrainian international striker Andrei Voronin finished second in the poll (505 points) with Russian striker Alexander Kerzhakov coming third (129).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'