Ivorian Doumbia named Russia`s footballer of the year
Moscow: Ivory Coast football striker Seydou Doumbia was named Russia`s Player of the Year here Thursday.
Doumbia, playing for CSKA Moscow, scored 24 goals in 32 matches of the Russian Premier League, which is currently on a winter break. The 23-year-old also collected five goals in the group stage of this year`s UEFA Champions League.
Doumbia got a record 591 points in an annual poll of the country`s football journalists, Xinhua reported.
Dynamo Moscow`s Ukrainian international striker Andrei Voronin finished second in the poll (505 points) with Russian striker Alexander Kerzhakov coming third (129).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him