Ivory Coast hit by late withdrawals for friendly
Abidjan: English Premier League trio Salomon Kalou and the Toure brothers, Kolo and Yaya, became the latest players to withdraw from the Ivory Coast squad for Wednesday`s home friendly against Guinea in Abidjan.
Regular captain Didier Drogba withdrew earlier this week and the striker has since been joined by Chelsea team mate Kalou, the Manchester City duo, and four other Europe-based players, the Ivorian federation said on its website. (www.fif-ci.com)
Five of the eight missing players were injured, according to the federation, including defender Kolo Toure, who has not played since the African Nations Cup final defeat to Zambia on February 12.
Midfielder Yaya Toure traveled to Abidjan after playing for Manchester City on Saturday but has since been ruled out, the federation said, adding administrative problems were behind Kalou`s failure to turn up but gave no further details.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets 2000 km strategic road for development
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Traditional Indian diet dramatically cuts Alzheimer's risk
- Carnage in Florida: KL Rahul, Evin Lewis tons laid foundation for West Indies-India T20I run mountain
- Over 34,500 criminals sentenced in 1 year in UP: DGP(Prosecution)
- Venezuela sends opposition leader back to jail, expels Ecuadoran lawmakers
- Burhan Wani's father meets Sri Sri Ravi Shankar