Ivory Coast hit by late withdrawals for friendly
Abidjan: English Premier League trio Salomon Kalou and the Toure brothers, Kolo and Yaya, became the latest players to withdraw from the Ivory Coast squad for Wednesday`s home friendly against Guinea in Abidjan.
Regular captain Didier Drogba withdrew earlier this week and the striker has since been joined by Chelsea team mate Kalou, the Manchester City duo, and four other Europe-based players, the Ivorian federation said on its website. (www.fif-ci.com)
Five of the eight missing players were injured, according to the federation, including defender Kolo Toure, who has not played since the African Nations Cup final defeat to Zambia on February 12.
Midfielder Yaya Toure traveled to Abidjan after playing for Manchester City on Saturday but has since been ruled out, the federation said, adding administrative problems were behind Kalou`s failure to turn up but gave no further details.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice