Jack Wilshere confirms signing new deal at Arsenal
London: Arsenal star Jack Wilshere has reportedly announced signing a new deal with the club within weeks. The midfielder’s admission is good news for fans at the end of a troubled week for the Gunners, which saw them lose in the Capital One Cup at Bradford.
Wilshere, 20, back in action after 17 months injured, still has two-and-a-half years of his £50,000-a-week deal left but the new contract could see him tied to the club until 2017, The Sun reports. “I’m talking to the club and I probably will be committing my future in the next couple of weeks. It’s not a problem,” he said.
“I think over the past few years the top players have probably thought they don’t see a bright future at Arsenal, but I think it’s different for them, they were a bit older. I’m 20, I’ve still got a long way in my career,” he added. “Players like Robin (Van Persie) are older and maybe he thought, ‘I haven’t got time any more’. Cesc (Fabregas) wanted to go home, which was understandable,” he further said.
Wilshere also admitted that he dreams of becoming club captain, the paper said. “Yes, I think I can say I’d like to captain the club — one day. I’ve been here since I was nine and I know the traditions,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday