Jack Wilshere confirms signing new deal at Arsenal
London: Arsenal star Jack Wilshere has reportedly announced signing a new deal with the club within weeks. The midfielder’s admission is good news for fans at the end of a troubled week for the Gunners, which saw them lose in the Capital One Cup at Bradford.
Wilshere, 20, back in action after 17 months injured, still has two-and-a-half years of his £50,000-a-week deal left but the new contract could see him tied to the club until 2017, The Sun reports. “I’m talking to the club and I probably will be committing my future in the next couple of weeks. It’s not a problem,” he said.
“I think over the past few years the top players have probably thought they don’t see a bright future at Arsenal, but I think it’s different for them, they were a bit older. I’m 20, I’ve still got a long way in my career,” he added. “Players like Robin (Van Persie) are older and maybe he thought, ‘I haven’t got time any more’. Cesc (Fabregas) wanted to go home, which was understandable,” he further said.
Wilshere also admitted that he dreams of becoming club captain, the paper said. “Yes, I think I can say I’d like to captain the club — one day. I’ve been here since I was nine and I know the traditions,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers