Jack Wilshere confirms signing new deal at Arsenal
London: Arsenal star Jack Wilshere has reportedly announced signing a new deal with the club within weeks. The midfielder’s admission is good news for fans at the end of a troubled week for the Gunners, which saw them lose in the Capital One Cup at Bradford.
Wilshere, 20, back in action after 17 months injured, still has two-and-a-half years of his £50,000-a-week deal left but the new contract could see him tied to the club until 2017, The Sun reports. “I’m talking to the club and I probably will be committing my future in the next couple of weeks. It’s not a problem,” he said.
“I think over the past few years the top players have probably thought they don’t see a bright future at Arsenal, but I think it’s different for them, they were a bit older. I’m 20, I’ve still got a long way in my career,” he added. “Players like Robin (Van Persie) are older and maybe he thought, ‘I haven’t got time any more’. Cesc (Fabregas) wanted to go home, which was understandable,” he further said.
Wilshere also admitted that he dreams of becoming club captain, the paper said. “Yes, I think I can say I’d like to captain the club — one day. I’ve been here since I was nine and I know the traditions,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!