Jamaica set to host women’s U-20 football tourney
Kingston (Jamaica): Jamaica will host Group Four of the Caribbean Football Union (CFU) Under-20 Women’s Tournament, starting from Tuesday.
Bermuda, Cuba and Curacao will join the hosts in this group phase to be played at the Anthony Spaulding Sports Complex.
The opening round of matches will begin on Tuesday, with Cuba facing Curacao followed by the second game when Bermuda go up against Jamaica.
Jamaica will play Curacao Thursday while Bermuda will tackle Cuba. The final games will be played Saturday with Curacao encountering Bermuda and rivals Jamaica and Cuba face-off in the closing game of the tournament.
Trinidad & Tobago and the Dominican Republic have secured the two spots available in Group One played in the Dominican Republic, which concluded with Trinidad and Tobago topping the group with six points, and Dominican Republic gaining three points to take second place. Both teams will advance to the finals set for October, in Puerto Rico.
Currently, eight teams from Groups Two and Three (four in each group) are competing for four spots, with two from each group to advance to the finals also. The competition is taking place in British Virgin Islands and Suriname, respectively.
Fifteen teams from across the region have registered for the competition, namely, Trinidad and Tobago, Aruba, Dominican Republic, Antigua and Barbuda, St Kitts/Nevis, Anguilla, British Virgin Islands, Dominica, Jamaica, Bermuda, Suriname, Grenada, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Cuba and Curacao.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi