Jamaican goalie moves to top flight football in Norway
Oslo: Jamaica`s national goalkeeper Duwayne Kerr has moved to top division football in Norway after signing a deal with one of the country`s leading clubs.
Kerr, who has been playing for second division club Strommen, has secured a move to Norwegian top division club Sarpsborg 08, reports CMC.
The 26-year-old footballer is hoping for an opportunity similar to Manchester United`s shot stopper Anders Lindegaard who up until three years ago represented Norwegian club Aalesund.
"The dream is to secure a move to the Premier League," said Kerr who has played club football in Jamaica for Reno and Portmore United.
"For now I am just taking it step by step after moving from a lower division to the highest division in Norway, so I am just hoping to put in some good performances and take it from there."
Playing in the Norwegian Premier League, Kerr will come up against three of his Reggae Boyz teammates.
Jason Morrison, Demar Phillips and Tremaine Stewart all represent Aalesund.
Kerr says he is encouraged by the fact that top clubs from other European countries are keen to scout players from the Norwegian league.
"I was seen by Everton (English Premier League club) from Division One and they are keeping checks on me," said Kerr.
"I noticed that most of the clubs, especially from England and Germany, come to Norway to scout keepers and players, so it is a good opportunity for me also."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!