James Rodriguez signing shows La Liga best league in world football, says Bale
Zee Media Bureau/Dattaraj Thaly
New Delhi: After securing the signature of James Rodriguez from AS Monaco, Gareth Bale said it asserted the fact La Liga is the best football league in the world.
The 2014 FIFA World Cup "Golden Boot" winner signed for on the dotted line for a whopping £71m to become Real Madrid`s third most expensive player.
Speaking to the press ahead of Madrid`s friendly with Inter Milan as part of their US tour, Gareth Bale said: "The Spanish League is the most exciting and the world`s top players play there. Barcelona or Real Madrid are always there, near the Champions League final or winning it. The Premier League is a great league but we are attracting the best players to La Liga. It is great to be involved in it".
James Rodriguez became the latest high profile player to join the Los Blancos following the arrival of Germany`s World Cup winner Toni Kroos from Bayern Munich.
Madrid's arch-rivals Barcelona began the "superstar shopping" spree this summer as they signed Liverpool`s Luis Suarez who will join an already explosive forward line of Lionel Messi and Neymar.
Gareth Bale, who joined Madrid for a world record £83.5m to become the most expensive player in football history, won the Champions League in his debut season.
The Welshman who knows how it feels to be unveiled in a glitzy ceremony at the Santiago Bernabeu was one of the first to welcome James Rodriguez from his official Twitter account.
— Gareth Bale (@GarethBale11) July 22, 2014
The La Liga will feature a galaxy of superstars in the new season that will include the likes of Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo, Luis Suarez, Neymar, James Rodriguez, Toni Kroos and Andreas Iniesta.
The debate over which is the best league in the world will go on but there is no denying that La Liga is one up on the Premier League and Serie A after all the big name arrivals in the summer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- WikiLeaks to release 'significant' material on Clinton
- Fernando Alonso praises McLaren as Honda introduce engine upgrades
- Want to get rid of nail biting habit? Try these ways!
- ''Russia pondering alternative games for banned paralympians''
- Mercury's peculiar surface a mystery no more; NASA scientists solve the puzzle!