Jammu and Kashmir to host Federation Cup in August next year
Kolkata: The football fans of Jammu and Kashmir are all set to get a taste of top quality Indian club football as premier clubs like Mohun Bagan, East Bengal, Dempo will be vying for the top honours in the Federation Cup which will be held in the state in August, next year.
"Next year`s Federation Cup will be held in Jammu and Kashmir in August," AIFF general secretary Kushal Das told reporters here.
As the inaugural franchise league ISL had to be re-scheduled thrice, the AIFF had to postpone the blue-riband tourney Fed Cup to December and and I-League to January.
"There`s no (further) change in the dates of this year`s Federation Cup which will be held from December 28-January 10 in Goa this year," he said.
The AIFF general secretary further admitted that they did not have enough resources to hold the prestigious Nehru Cup, the only international tournament that was last held in 2012.
"Frankly speaking, we don`t have sponsors for the Nehru Cup which requires a huge budget. It`s difficult for the Federation to organise this until we get sponsors.
"Earlier ONGC sponsored but with the resources that we have it`s difficult to hold such a big tournament. We`re trying our best."
On the Indian Super Cup which too has been all but scrapped, he said: "We don`t think there`s much value left for the Super Cup. If the executive committee decides then we may organise again."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- PM Modi condoles APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB