Janza named as new Zambia coach
Lusaka: Honour Janza has been named as new coach of Zambia`s national football team with the goal of guiding the Chipolopolo to the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations finals, an official said on Thursday.
Janza, a Zambian national, replaces Frenchman Patrice Beaumelle, who quit earlier this week.
Sport Minister Chishimba Kambwili said the country expected "nothing but results from Janza", adding that he was expected to take the team to the Africa Cup of Nations finals in Morocco.
Janza, 48, is the former technical director of the Chipolopolo Boys or Copper Bullets, the team`s nickname.
The team is preparing for its Cu of Nations qualifying game with Mozambique on September 6.
Zambia won the tournament in 2012 under Frenchman Herve Renard, who has now joined Ivory Coast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah