Janza named as new Zambia coach
Lusaka: Honour Janza has been named as new coach of Zambia`s national football team with the goal of guiding the Chipolopolo to the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations finals, an official said on Thursday.
Janza, a Zambian national, replaces Frenchman Patrice Beaumelle, who quit earlier this week.
Sport Minister Chishimba Kambwili said the country expected "nothing but results from Janza", adding that he was expected to take the team to the Africa Cup of Nations finals in Morocco.
Janza, 48, is the former technical director of the Chipolopolo Boys or Copper Bullets, the team`s nickname.
The team is preparing for its Cu of Nations qualifying game with Mozambique on September 6.
Zambia won the tournament in 2012 under Frenchman Herve Renard, who has now joined Ivory Coast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city