Janza named as new Zambia coach
Lusaka: Honour Janza has been named as new coach of Zambia`s national football team with the goal of guiding the Chipolopolo to the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations finals, an official said on Thursday.
Janza, a Zambian national, replaces Frenchman Patrice Beaumelle, who quit earlier this week.
Sport Minister Chishimba Kambwili said the country expected "nothing but results from Janza", adding that he was expected to take the team to the Africa Cup of Nations finals in Morocco.
Janza, 48, is the former technical director of the Chipolopolo Boys or Copper Bullets, the team`s nickname.
The team is preparing for its Cu of Nations qualifying game with Mozambique on September 6.
Zambia won the tournament in 2012 under Frenchman Herve Renard, who has now joined Ivory Coast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Bahrain busts weapons depot, five men arrested for planning bombings
- Olympics 2016: Ban Russians from all Rio sports - US anti-doping boss
- Facebook's solar-powered internet plane Aquila takes maiden flight!- Watch
- Flood warning issued in areas near Cauvery river in Tamil Nadu
- AAP has become shelter of comedians not having ideology, says BJP