Japan a threat to Brazil: Pele
Rio de Janeiro: Pele has warned Brazil not to underestimate Japan in the opening match of the Confederations Cup in Brasilia slated for Saturday.
Despite backing Brazil as one of the tournament favourites, Pele believes the clash at Mane Garrincha stadium could be among the host nation`s most difficult.
And he warned Luiz Felipe Scolari`s team that their emphatic 3-0 victory over France last Sunday would mean little during the event considered a World Cup dress rehearsal.
"People say it will be easy for us because they (Japan) are not a traditional football country but the fact we played well against France doesn`t guarantee anything," Pele said Wednesday.
"There is nobody that doesn`t know our team and the way we play. All the sides know each other well and for that reason every match will be difficult. I hope we can be champions but let`s not underestimate Japan in the first match. It`s going to be tough."
Japan`s squad arrived in in Brasilia Wednesday and will have their first training session Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Pakistan boss Mickey Arthur undaunted by Australia axe
- SHOCKING! Three Bangladesh players accused of match-fixing in Dhaka Premier league
- Lenovo Vibe K5 2nd flash sale tomorrow; registrations till 11.59 pm today
- Mumbai: Drunk girl creates ruckus in Worli Police Station, slaps cop – Watch video
- MS Dhoni has three to four years of cricket left but Virat Kohli should lead India in all formats: Ravi Shastri