Japan`s Keisuke Honda set to leave CSKA Moscow for AC Milan
Johannesburg: Japan midfielder Keisuke Honda is set to join AC Milan early in the New Year, the Italian club`s vice-president Adriano Galliani has confirmed, according to reports.
According to Sport24, Galliani broke the news about Honda after the player`s current club, CSKA Moscow were eliminated from the Champions League on Tuesday.
Honda joined CSKA Moscow in 2010, moving to Russia after two years with Dutch side VVV Venlo, the report said.
The 27-year-old has been capped 52 times for Japan and scored 20 goals, two of which came at the 2010 World Cup in South Africa, the report added.
Honda had been linked to Milan for several months, the report further said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MEA rules out India-Pakistan bilateral talks during SAARC meet in Islamabad
- Here comes a solar cell that functions like a plant
- BJP MP Anurag Thakur is Lt Anurag Thakur now, joins Territorial Army – Watch his pics here
- What an achievement! Anurag Thakur becomes first BJP MP to be commissioned into Territorial Army
- Rahul Gandhi kicks off Congress' poll campaign in Lucknow; vows to make UP no. 1 state, praises Sheila Dikshit