Japan wins at U19 football tournament in Vietnam
Ho Chi Minh City: The International U-19 Football Tournament, the Nutifood Cup 2014, wrapped up in Vietnam` s southern Ho Chi Minh (HCM) City Friday with Japan winning the Cup.
The participating teams from Japan, Italy`s AS Roma, UK` s Tottenham Hotspur and Vietnam performed under a round-robin format for score counts.
After three rounds, host Vietnam lost all three matches, placing bottom, while the other three teams each won two and lost one matches.
Japan ranked top and won the $100,000 award, while Britain`s Tottenham Hotspur placed second with $70,000 award, and Italy` s AS Roma came third to take the 50,000 U.S. dollars prize.
The U-19 football tournament, held for the first time in Vietnam, was conducted Monday through Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan drop Ahmed Shehzad, Umar Akmal for England tour
- Protests in Manipur over unsolved murders
- AgustaWestland VVIP chopper deal: We are investigating former IAF chief SP Tyagi's bank accounts, asset details, says CBI
- WATCH: Unbelievable cricket moment- Batsman scores 18 runs off 1 ball!
- Syrian conflict in many ways out of control, warns John Kerry