Japanese midfielder Kagawa completes move to United
London: Japan midfielder Shinji Kagawa has completed his move to English Premier League side Manchester United after passing a medical earlier on Friday.
The 23-year-old signed a four-year contract with the former Premiership winners from German champions Borussia Dortmund.
"Shinji is an exciting young midfielder with great skill, vision and a good eye for goal," said Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson.
The United narrowly lost the 2011-2012 title to city rivals Manchester City, which is bankrolled by wealthy Abu Dhabi-based owners.
In this summer`s pre-season tour of the United to South Africa and China, Kagawa, who was ruled out of Japan`s Olympic soccer squad, is set to travel with the club.
“This is a challenge I am really looking forward to," he said. "The Premier League is the best league in the world and Manchester United is such a massive club.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Turkey discharges generals, shuts media outlets after coup
- Fed leaves rates unchanged but says US economy improving
- French church attackers pledged allegiance to ISIS in video
- Stick to my statement that Salman Khan killed Chinkara, says 'missing' driver
- Eye on China? India to buy four P-8I aircraft from US for maritime surveillance over Indian Ocean Region