Japanese midfielder Kagawa completes move to United
London: Japan midfielder Shinji Kagawa has completed his move to English Premier League side Manchester United after passing a medical earlier on Friday.
The 23-year-old signed a four-year contract with the former Premiership winners from German champions Borussia Dortmund.
"Shinji is an exciting young midfielder with great skill, vision and a good eye for goal," said Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson.
The United narrowly lost the 2011-2012 title to city rivals Manchester City, which is bankrolled by wealthy Abu Dhabi-based owners.
In this summer`s pre-season tour of the United to South Africa and China, Kagawa, who was ruled out of Japan`s Olympic soccer squad, is set to travel with the club.
“This is a challenge I am really looking forward to," he said. "The Premier League is the best league in the world and Manchester United is such a massive club.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's attrocities on Gilgit-Baltistan to Mehbooba's hard hitting attitude on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets 2000 km strategic road for development
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Belgian Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton ready for slog from back of the field
- Traditional Indian diet dramatically cuts Alzheimer's risk
- Carnage in Florida: KL Rahul, Evin Lewis tons laid foundation for West Indies-India T20I run mountain
- Over 34,500 criminals sentenced in 1 year in UP: DGP(Prosecution)
- Venezuela sends opposition leader back to jail, expels Ecuadoran lawmakers