Japanese midfielder Kagawa completes move to United
London: Japan midfielder Shinji Kagawa has completed his move to English Premier League side Manchester United after passing a medical earlier on Friday.
The 23-year-old signed a four-year contract with the former Premiership winners from German champions Borussia Dortmund.
"Shinji is an exciting young midfielder with great skill, vision and a good eye for goal," said Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson.
The United narrowly lost the 2011-2012 title to city rivals Manchester City, which is bankrolled by wealthy Abu Dhabi-based owners.
In this summer`s pre-season tour of the United to South Africa and China, Kagawa, who was ruled out of Japan`s Olympic soccer squad, is set to travel with the club.
“This is a challenge I am really looking forward to," he said. "The Premier League is the best league in the world and Manchester United is such a massive club.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok