Japanese midfielder Kagawa to join Man United
London : Borussia Dortmund`s Japanese midfielder Shinji Kagawa is to join Manchester United pending the issue of a UK work permit, the English club said Tuesday.
The 23-year-old playmaker is expected to sign at Old Trafford later this month as he is on international duty and must yet pass a medical.
"Manchester United is delighted to announce that it has agreed terms with both Borussia Dortmund and Shinji Kagawa for his transfer to the club," a statement said.
"The deal is subject only to the player medical and obtaining a UK work permit. These conditions are anticipated to be completed by the end of June."
Kagawa scored 21 goals in 29 appearances since joining the Germans for 300,000 Euros in July 2010, helping them to back-to-back Bundesliga titles and this year`s German Cup.
United coach Alex Ferguson was present at the final in Berlin to see Kagawa score the opener in a 5-2 thrashing of Bayern Munich.
The Red Devils Monday lost the battle for Lille`s Belgian midfielder Eden Hazard, who opted for Champions League winners Chelsea.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city