Japanese midfielder Kagawa to join Man United
London : Borussia Dortmund`s Japanese midfielder Shinji Kagawa is to join Manchester United pending the issue of a UK work permit, the English club said Tuesday.
The 23-year-old playmaker is expected to sign at Old Trafford later this month as he is on international duty and must yet pass a medical.
"Manchester United is delighted to announce that it has agreed terms with both Borussia Dortmund and Shinji Kagawa for his transfer to the club," a statement said.
"The deal is subject only to the player medical and obtaining a UK work permit. These conditions are anticipated to be completed by the end of June."
Kagawa scored 21 goals in 29 appearances since joining the Germans for 300,000 Euros in July 2010, helping them to back-to-back Bundesliga titles and this year`s German Cup.
United coach Alex Ferguson was present at the final in Berlin to see Kagawa score the opener in a 5-2 thrashing of Bayern Munich.
The Red Devils Monday lost the battle for Lille`s Belgian midfielder Eden Hazard, who opted for Champions League winners Chelsea.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown