Japanese midfielder Kajiyama to join Greek club
Tokyo: FC Tokyo midfielder Yohei Kajiyama, who was a member of the Japan team which participated in the 2008 Beijing Olympics, is set to join Greek champions Panathinaikos.
The 27-year-old, who scored two goals for the first division J-League team this season in 26 games, is expected to complete his transfer to the Athens-based club soon, reports Xinhua.
"I felt the level (of play) is high and I was motivated by that challenge," said Kajiyama.
"I want to make a solid improvement."
"Considering my age, I think this is my last chance (to play overseas)," said the 27-year-old.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list