Japanese midfielder Kajiyama to join Greek club
Tokyo: FC Tokyo midfielder Yohei Kajiyama, who was a member of the Japan team which participated in the 2008 Beijing Olympics, is set to join Greek champions Panathinaikos.
The 27-year-old, who scored two goals for the first division J-League team this season in 26 games, is expected to complete his transfer to the Athens-based club soon, reports Xinhua.
"I felt the level (of play) is high and I was motivated by that challenge," said Kajiyama.
"I want to make a solid improvement."
"Considering my age, I think this is my last chance (to play overseas)," said the 27-year-old.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Pakistan's attrocities on Gilgit-Baltistan to Mehbooba's hard hitting attitude on Kashmir violence
- Juergen Klopp disappointed as Liverpool haunted by familiar failings
- Know how much you have to exactly pay for cancelling confirmed Rail e-tickets
- India pivotal power, can tilt Asia the way it wants: MJ Akbar
- Jat association AIJASS warns of fresh agitation
- Indian cargo ship heading for Yemen sinks off Oman: Reports