Japanese midfielder Kajiyama to join Greek club
Tokyo: FC Tokyo midfielder Yohei Kajiyama, who was a member of the Japan team which participated in the 2008 Beijing Olympics, is set to join Greek champions Panathinaikos.
The 27-year-old, who scored two goals for the first division J-League team this season in 26 games, is expected to complete his transfer to the Athens-based club soon, reports Xinhua.
"I felt the level (of play) is high and I was motivated by that challenge," said Kajiyama.
"I want to make a solid improvement."
"Considering my age, I think this is my last chance (to play overseas)," said the 27-year-old.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery