Japanese midfielder Kajiyama to join Greek club
Tokyo: FC Tokyo midfielder Yohei Kajiyama, who was a member of the Japan team which participated in the 2008 Beijing Olympics, is set to join Greek champions Panathinaikos.
The 27-year-old, who scored two goals for the first division J-League team this season in 26 games, is expected to complete his transfer to the Athens-based club soon, reports Xinhua.
"I felt the level (of play) is high and I was motivated by that challenge," said Kajiyama.
"I want to make a solid improvement."
"Considering my age, I think this is my last chance (to play overseas)," said the 27-year-old.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends