Japanese striker on trial with Shillong Lajong
Gangtok: Shillong Lajong Football Club is looking to add to its list of foreign players, Japan`s Taisuke Matsugae, who is currently on a two-week trial.
The 30-year-old has been training with the Lajong squad but no final decision has been taken whether the J-League footballer will be signed by the club as the fourth foreigner in its ranks, a release issued by the club said on Friday.
Matsugae who previously played in Japan`s J-League for JEF United Ichihara departed along with the squad today ahead of their I-League round 17 encounter against Pailan Arrows on Sunday, and will be expected to play upfront, should he be deemed fit to play for the Club.
This development is a positive sign for Shillong Lajong, as the team will surely benefit from the striker`s experience and capabilities, the release mentions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion