Japanese striker on trial with Shillong Lajong
Gangtok: Shillong Lajong Football Club is looking to add to its list of foreign players, Japan`s Taisuke Matsugae, who is currently on a two-week trial.
The 30-year-old has been training with the Lajong squad but no final decision has been taken whether the J-League footballer will be signed by the club as the fourth foreigner in its ranks, a release issued by the club said on Friday.
Matsugae who previously played in Japan`s J-League for JEF United Ichihara departed along with the squad today ahead of their I-League round 17 encounter against Pailan Arrows on Sunday, and will be expected to play upfront, should he be deemed fit to play for the Club.
This development is a positive sign for Shillong Lajong, as the team will surely benefit from the striker`s experience and capabilities, the release mentions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!