Japanese striker on trial with Shillong Lajong
Gangtok: Shillong Lajong Football Club is looking to add to its list of foreign players, Japan`s Taisuke Matsugae, who is currently on a two-week trial.
The 30-year-old has been training with the Lajong squad but no final decision has been taken whether the J-League footballer will be signed by the club as the fourth foreigner in its ranks, a release issued by the club said on Friday.
Matsugae who previously played in Japan`s J-League for JEF United Ichihara departed along with the squad today ahead of their I-League round 17 encounter against Pailan Arrows on Sunday, and will be expected to play upfront, should he be deemed fit to play for the Club.
This development is a positive sign for Shillong Lajong, as the team will surely benefit from the striker`s experience and capabilities, the release mentions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority