Japanese striker signs for Shillong Lajong
New Delhi: Japanese striker Sho Kamimura has been signed up by Shillong Lajong FC in its bid to bolster the club`s forward line for the rest of the I-League season.
Kamimura has played in the Japan league for clubs like Mito HollyHock in 2011 and Albirex Niigata Singapore FC a year later.
The north eastern club, currently placed ninth in the I-League standings, will surely get a boost with the inclusion of the J-League footballer, who is known for his speed and agility.
The 23-year-old has scored eight goals for Albirex Niigata Singapore FC in 2012. He said that he was very happy and excited about the opportunity to play in the I-League.
"I will work hard and give my best to help the team perform well in all the remaining games," Kamimura said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie