Japanese striker signs for Shillong Lajong
New Delhi: Japanese striker Sho Kamimura has been signed up by Shillong Lajong FC in its bid to bolster the club`s forward line for the rest of the I-League season.
Kamimura has played in the Japan league for clubs like Mito HollyHock in 2011 and Albirex Niigata Singapore FC a year later.
The north eastern club, currently placed ninth in the I-League standings, will surely get a boost with the inclusion of the J-League footballer, who is known for his speed and agility.
The 23-year-old has scored eight goals for Albirex Niigata Singapore FC in 2012. He said that he was very happy and excited about the opportunity to play in the I-League.
"I will work hard and give my best to help the team perform well in all the remaining games," Kamimura said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen