Japanese striker signs for Shillong Lajong
New Delhi: Japanese striker Sho Kamimura has been signed up by Shillong Lajong FC in its bid to bolster the club`s forward line for the rest of the I-League season.
Kamimura has played in the Japan league for clubs like Mito HollyHock in 2011 and Albirex Niigata Singapore FC a year later.
The north eastern club, currently placed ninth in the I-League standings, will surely get a boost with the inclusion of the J-League footballer, who is known for his speed and agility.
The 23-year-old has scored eight goals for Albirex Niigata Singapore FC in 2012. He said that he was very happy and excited about the opportunity to play in the I-League.
"I will work hard and give my best to help the team perform well in all the remaining games," Kamimura said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city