Japanese striker signs for Shillong Lajong
New Delhi: Japanese striker Sho Kamimura has been signed up by Shillong Lajong FC in its bid to bolster the club`s forward line for the rest of the I-League season.
Kamimura has played in the Japan league for clubs like Mito HollyHock in 2011 and Albirex Niigata Singapore FC a year later.
The north eastern club, currently placed ninth in the I-League standings, will surely get a boost with the inclusion of the J-League footballer, who is known for his speed and agility.
The 23-year-old has scored eight goals for Albirex Niigata Singapore FC in 2012. He said that he was very happy and excited about the opportunity to play in the I-League.
"I will work hard and give my best to help the team perform well in all the remaining games," Kamimura said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account