Jeje Lalpekhlua replaces injured Dawson Fernandes in India squad
New Delhi: Dempo striker Jeje Lalpekhlua will replace an injured Dawson Fernandes in the 21-member Indian football squad for the two International friendlies against Philippines and Nepal to be played at the Kanchenjunga Stadium in Siliguri on November 15 and 19 respectively.
Sporting Club de Goa`s Dawson has been ruled out of the fixtures due to a knee injury.
Earlier, Salgaocar midfielder Rocus Lamare had replaced Pune FC`s Arata Izumi in the squad after the later pulled his left hamstring in a round nine I-League clash against Bengaluru FC.
The Indian team, being coached by Dutchman Wim Kovermans, will be practicing at the SESA Football Academy in Goa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- It's time for Muslims to rise and protest against some Hindutva forces: Azam Khan
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!