Jeje Lalpekhlua replaces injured Dawson Fernandes in India squad
New Delhi: Dempo striker Jeje Lalpekhlua will replace an injured Dawson Fernandes in the 21-member Indian football squad for the two International friendlies against Philippines and Nepal to be played at the Kanchenjunga Stadium in Siliguri on November 15 and 19 respectively.
Sporting Club de Goa`s Dawson has been ruled out of the fixtures due to a knee injury.
Earlier, Salgaocar midfielder Rocus Lamare had replaced Pune FC`s Arata Izumi in the squad after the later pulled his left hamstring in a round nine I-League clash against Bengaluru FC.
The Indian team, being coached by Dutchman Wim Kovermans, will be practicing at the SESA Football Academy in Goa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi