Jeje, Raju are supremely talented: Chhetri
New Delhi: Senior striker Sunil Chhetri feels that upcoming crop of U-23 players are supremely talented and will serve the country for a long time to come.
The core of the team is from Indian Arrows and they have impressed one and all with their lion-hearted show against a much fancied Qatar side in the Olympic qualifiers where they lost by 2-4 aggregate.
"These guys are supremely talented. They are quick, energetic and vibrant and have matured a lot as a player. We saw them playing against Qatar and were all impressed. We are very proud of them and wish them all the best. They are surely going to stay for a longer time," said Sunil referring to the likes of Jeje Lalpeklhua, Raju Gaikwad to name a few.
"It`s great that we have so many players from Indian Arrows in the camp. I don`t want to be choosy but players like Raju, Jeje, Jewel, Dika and Shilton are good future prospects. The confidence level of these players are very high and they are hungry for success and, this is the best part in them," added Sunil.
Analysing the progress of the camp, Chhetri said, "We are a fitter side now. All of us came from I-League break and have work immensely on our fitness. The training has been very hard and everyone is giving their best in the camp."
Chhetri who had an unsuccessful stint with Sporting Kansas City in Major League Soccer feels that key to success is to implement what the coach wants his team to do.
"It`s very important to understand whatever coach wants to implement in the team. As a player we need to cooperate with him to the fullest and should always look for the positives."
For Jeje, hard work is the mantra of success and it has been seen over the years.
"I believe in hard work and always try to give my best. I enjoy playing football. It`s very important to motivate yourself all the time," said Jeje.
Sitting beside Chhetri, Jeje waxed eloquent about how he and other juniors in the side have learnt lot interacting with him.
"Sunil Chhetri is a great player and there is lot to learn from him. I am looking forward to a fruitful association," added Jeje, who also paired up with Chhetri in the AFC Challenge Cup qualifiers in Malaysia.
India Seniors will take on India U-23 Olympic side in a practice match on Friday July 1 at the Dr. Ambedkar Stadium, Delhi at 4:15 pm.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Video of cops dancing with woman goes viral, inquiry ordered
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview