Jeje, Raju are supremely talented: Chhetri
New Delhi: Senior striker Sunil Chhetri feels that upcoming crop of U-23 players are supremely talented and will serve the country for a long time to come.
The core of the team is from Indian Arrows and they have impressed one and all with their lion-hearted show against a much fancied Qatar side in the Olympic qualifiers where they lost by 2-4 aggregate.
"These guys are supremely talented. They are quick, energetic and vibrant and have matured a lot as a player. We saw them playing against Qatar and were all impressed. We are very proud of them and wish them all the best. They are surely going to stay for a longer time," said Sunil referring to the likes of Jeje Lalpeklhua, Raju Gaikwad to name a few.
"It`s great that we have so many players from Indian Arrows in the camp. I don`t want to be choosy but players like Raju, Jeje, Jewel, Dika and Shilton are good future prospects. The confidence level of these players are very high and they are hungry for success and, this is the best part in them," added Sunil.
Analysing the progress of the camp, Chhetri said, "We are a fitter side now. All of us came from I-League break and have work immensely on our fitness. The training has been very hard and everyone is giving their best in the camp."
Chhetri who had an unsuccessful stint with Sporting Kansas City in Major League Soccer feels that key to success is to implement what the coach wants his team to do.
"It`s very important to understand whatever coach wants to implement in the team. As a player we need to cooperate with him to the fullest and should always look for the positives."
For Jeje, hard work is the mantra of success and it has been seen over the years.
"I believe in hard work and always try to give my best. I enjoy playing football. It`s very important to motivate yourself all the time," said Jeje.
Sitting beside Chhetri, Jeje waxed eloquent about how he and other juniors in the side have learnt lot interacting with him.
"Sunil Chhetri is a great player and there is lot to learn from him. I am looking forward to a fruitful association," added Jeje, who also paired up with Chhetri in the AFC Challenge Cup qualifiers in Malaysia.
India Seniors will take on India U-23 Olympic side in a practice match on Friday July 1 at the Dr. Ambedkar Stadium, Delhi at 4:15 pm.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi addresses public meeting in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali