John Terry makes 400th Premier League appearance in side`s 3-1 win over Southampton
London: Chelsea skipper John Terry has made his 400th Premier League appearance during his side`s 3-1 win over Southampton at home in Stamford Bridge on Sunday.
Chelsea had moved up a place on goal difference before kick-off, following Liverpool`s defeat at Hull earlier in the day, and following their Sunday win, they have attained the second place in the table below leaders Arsenal .
According to the BBC, despite Southampton striker Jay Rodriguez opening the scoring for the visitors within seconds of the start, however, Chelsea quickly took control of the game in the second-half through headers from Gary Cahill and Terry.
The report mentioned that half-time substitute Demba Ba sealed victory in the final minute, sliding the ball home from close range after a Ramires cross.
Terry is now fourth in Chelsea`s list of all-time appearance makers, with 593, one ahead of former footballer John Hollins, while Terry`s teammate Frank Lampard is the third with 627, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM