John Terry makes 400th Premier League appearance in side`s 3-1 win over Southampton
London: Chelsea skipper John Terry has made his 400th Premier League appearance during his side`s 3-1 win over Southampton at home in Stamford Bridge on Sunday.
Chelsea had moved up a place on goal difference before kick-off, following Liverpool`s defeat at Hull earlier in the day, and following their Sunday win, they have attained the second place in the table below leaders Arsenal .
According to the BBC, despite Southampton striker Jay Rodriguez opening the scoring for the visitors within seconds of the start, however, Chelsea quickly took control of the game in the second-half through headers from Gary Cahill and Terry.
The report mentioned that half-time substitute Demba Ba sealed victory in the final minute, sliding the ball home from close range after a Ramires cross.
Terry is now fourth in Chelsea`s list of all-time appearance makers, with 593, one ahead of former footballer John Hollins, while Terry`s teammate Frank Lampard is the third with 627, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert