John Terry makes 400th Premier League appearance in side`s 3-1 win over Southampton
London: Chelsea skipper John Terry has made his 400th Premier League appearance during his side`s 3-1 win over Southampton at home in Stamford Bridge on Sunday.
Chelsea had moved up a place on goal difference before kick-off, following Liverpool`s defeat at Hull earlier in the day, and following their Sunday win, they have attained the second place in the table below leaders Arsenal .
According to the BBC, despite Southampton striker Jay Rodriguez opening the scoring for the visitors within seconds of the start, however, Chelsea quickly took control of the game in the second-half through headers from Gary Cahill and Terry.
The report mentioned that half-time substitute Demba Ba sealed victory in the final minute, sliding the ball home from close range after a Ramires cross.
Terry is now fourth in Chelsea`s list of all-time appearance makers, with 593, one ahead of former footballer John Hollins, while Terry`s teammate Frank Lampard is the third with 627, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi